Foreign language graduates have many opportunities, higher promotions and a good income, in dynamic working environment, modern, contacting with foreigners. You also visit many places, interact with people, learn and accumulate skills and knowledge for yourself.
Foreign language is one of the most essential elements for all industries. You will have the opportunity to be employed than those in other disciplines in the process of finding a job. After graduation, students are able to work in the positions, interpreting - translating English majors (Commerce, Economics, Management, Finance, Banking ...) in corporate communications, translation and research institutes (languages, economics, management, tourism ...) staff functions such as business, communications, services and projects ... of businesses and organizations using English-language; English teachers at vocational schools, colleges and universities of the economic; professional sales and promotion of international trade, international investment, market development and customer care; distribution system development; marketing, Public Relation; the diplomatic and foreign affairs in the corporate, business, export processing zones ... In addition, you can work freely with the translating, interpretation, guides.
With foreign language, you also have a high income and a modern life, be dynamic. You can work in the contacting with foreigners environment. Therefore, learning and accumulating is to develop your own language.
In new economic era, the trend of integration is a must, interpreting becomes more important than ever. Interpreters are present in most of summit meetings, foreign investment projects, multinational program, or internationally important events. The opportunity of the interpreter is almost endless because of its great demands.
Skills required of an interpreter:
- Have good memories
- Have good health
- Persevere and work hard, be willing in learning
- Be well organized in work
- Be quick, sensitive and confident
- Have extensive knowledge about the culture, society and humans. These urge the interpreters have to upgrade themselves and latest information in the new areas.
- Be thoughtful and careful. Always prepare in advance the field that they will translate that.
- A good interpreter has opportunities to work in many places such as: international organizations, multinational companies, travel companies, the Foreign Ministry, newspaper houses, radio stations, television stations, publishers, foreign sectors in charge of the Ministry, interpretation companies and many other agencies. Also, you can also become a freelance interpreter.
As an interpreter, you will have many chances to discover many things. The world will become closer and smaller. You will go to many parts of the world, meet the celebrities. Moreover, you will have many chances to find a good job with high salary.
This job also offers a very good promotion. Some good interpreters of the Foreign Ministry have become ambassadors. The job does not care about age. Whether you are young or old, that is not important as long as you are interested in it.
In the trend of integration and economic opening mechanism which attracts foreign investment, there is more and more exposure with the foreigners, foreign cultures, the documents, foreign contracts. With those demands, translation comes into being as an attracting job towards youngsters.
This job is essential in popular areas such as business, social services, entertainment and some other areas.
When Vietnam cooperates more with the foreigners, it becomes a hot job. Besides the target language, the translator must master Vietnamese, too. Translators are important for the commitment, the interference and mutual understanding. They are silent contributors for the economic integration.
You can find your job in many places especially those with high frequency of foreigners and foreign documents such as the foreign affairs agencies, diplomatic agencies, foreign investment industrial zones, foreign investor resorts, publishers, famous tourist sites
You start as a translator, then become a good translator in one certain area, and move to a higher position. Next, you can be a Chef Translator or General Translator.
The qualities and skills required of a translator:
- Have the ability to understand and use language in a precise way.
- Have the ability to remember new words and understand the grammatical structures.
- Have the ability to speak, write, debate.
- Be opening, creative, and willing to learn new things from others.
- Have some soft skills such as persuasion, public speaking, communication, etc.
- Have general knowledge and professional skills and English culture.